A modern technology revolution is in full swing creating new business models and smarter and leaner ways of working, but also new challenges and threats. Join our team to be part of this technological revolution and see what truly sets Sainty Law apart from other law firms.
Ready for a change? Browse our current career opportunities below.
Commercial IP / Technology Lawyer
– Junior Level (1-3 years)
SAINTY LAW Sydney, Australia
Date Posted: February 15th, 2018
Applications Close: 5pm, March 2nd, 2018
The team at Sainty Law recognises that our legal advice must be just as current and forward thinking as the advances in technology that impact our clients’ businesses. We help our clients work through legal issues thrown up by the digital revolution to ensure they prosper.
Sainty Law is a commercial and regulatory law firm based in Sydney CBD, with a digital, media and technology focus. We are recognised for our specialist expertise and commercial approach to providing legal services.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a highly organised results-driven Australian qualified lawyer with a ‘can do’ attitude to join our close-knit and highly collaborative team. Working alongside a market leading principal in an open friendly work environment, you will have a platform to establish an industry profile through regular networking and thought leadership opportunities. You will advise a broad range of clients on corporate transactional, regulatory and media and technology matters. Your access to cutting edge work, training and mentoring will challenge you with scope for the right candidate to step up and lead the way. This is a fast paced, client facing role with significant autonomy and room for progression.
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified Australian lawyer with at least 1-2 years demonstrated experience working in commercial practice. Experience or a strong interest in Intellectual Property, Information Technology, Data Protection and Privacy Law is highly desirable and excellent academic results in these areas is well-regarded.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- exceptional organisation skills and attention to detail;
- experience in successfully managing and growing client relationships;
- excellent technical ability, commercial acumen and a practical approach to solving legal problems;
- commitment to client service and delivering client outcomes;
- superior drafting ability;
- sound understanding of business development and marketing strategies;
- the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team;
- leadership skills, such as mentoring and managing paralegals;
- the ability to proactively identify and assess emerging legal and commercial issues; and
- well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and energy;
Sainty Law consistently applies the following guiding principles across the practice:
- Excellence – expressed though delivering consistent high performance and value for our clients.
- Integrity – expressed through honest and realistic dialogue with our clients and the confidence and courage not to avoid difficult issues.
- Responsiveness – expressed by providing a service which is responsive, flexible, personalised and reliable.